A list of the #1 best-selling books from 1920 to 1929 according to Publisher’s Weekly magazine (post provided originally by Printedpages.wordpress.com)
- The Man of the Forest by Zane Grey (1920)
- Main Street by Sinclair Lewis in (1921)
- If Winter Comes by A. S. M. Hutchison (1922)
- Black Oxen by Gertrude Atherton (1923)
- So Big by Edna Ferber (1924)
- Soundings by A. Hamilton Gibbs (1925)
- The Private Life of Helen of Troy by John Erskine (1926)
- Elmer Gantry by Sinclair Lewis (1927)
- The Bridge of San Luis Rey by Thornton Wilder ( 1928 )
- All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque ( 1929 )
Only one Sinclair Lewis achieve #1 status twice during the decade (in 1921 and 1927).
This gallery contains 5 photos.
Spirit of the Wind Hood Ornament debuted on a 1928 Minerva automobile (René Lalique, 1928) Recreations of antique hand-blown wine bottles used in the 1920’s made by Restoration Hardware 1920’s Art Deco Chandelier (Recreation) Art Deco Silvered Lamps (Christies)